No announcement yet.

Linux 5.5 Brings Logitech G15 Driver, Better Windows Precision Touchpad Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.5 Brings Logitech G15 Driver, Better Windows Precision Touchpad Support

Phoronix: Linux 5.5 Brings Logitech G15 Driver, Better Windows Precision Touchpad Support

The HID area of the kernel is always eventful when it comes to improving the input device support for newer hardware. With Linux 5.5 the HID story means a new Logitech driver and other enhancements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Whatever happened to the high resolution scroll-wheel support? That was the big excitement at one point, and it was finally added to the kernel. But it was apparently never implemented on the user side, and the excitement went away.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugworth View Post
      Whatever happened to the high resolution scroll-wheel support? That was the big excitement at one point, and it was finally added to the kernel. But it was apparently never implemented on the user side, and the excitement went away.
      Aye.

What happened to it?

Comment

Originally posted by Chugworth View Post
        It's well supported in GTK+3, provided you have working (XI2 or Wayland) drivers, other applications will be a mixed bag. I think Chromium supported XI2 high resolution scrolling last time I had a compatible trackpad

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post

It's well supported in GTK+3, provided you have working (XI2 or Wayland) drivers, other applications will be a mixed bag. I think Chromium supported XI2 high resolution scrolling last time I had a compatible trackpad
          I know Chromium has supported high resolution scrolling on touchpads for some time now. Firefox only does if you run "export MOZ_USE_XINPUT2=1" and then disable the browser setting that says "Use smooth scrolling". Even then it's kind of buggy as sometimes it moves extremely slow until you minimize and then restore the browser window.

But, that's just for touchpads. I'm talking about the high resolution scrollwheels on mice like the Logitech Master 2S. I know that support was added in the kernel a while back. But, I run KDE Plasma on Arch and I haven't seen any sign of that feature working in Chrome or Firefox.

Comment

Does anybody know how to use this driver? I installed Arch with the latest kernel and selected Logitech G15 keyboard in Settings but no luck. thx

Comment

Originally posted by doctor78 View Post
              Does anybody know how to use this driver? I installed Arch with the latest kernel and selected Logitech G15 keyboard in Settings but no luck. thx
              The buttons should show as pressed when running
              Code:
              evtest
              , and the leds should be changeable by writing to
              Code:
              /sys/class/leds/g15::kbd_backlight/brightness
              , but that isn't a real use. I'm not yet sure how to really use them in applications yet.

Comment

Working...
              X