No announcement yet.

Rosewill RSV-4310 - Useful Revision To One Of The Best Value 4U Server Cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosewill RSV-4310 - Useful Revision To One Of The Best Value 4U Server Cases

Phoronix: Rosewill RSV-4310 - Useful Revision To One Of The Best Value 4U Server Cases

Over the years at Phoronix we have easily close to forty if not more Rosewill 2U and 4U sever cases... Rosewill's server cases have been among the best value enclosures when not needing any extra features like hot-swap bays, etc. For under $100 USD, their Rosewill 4U cases have been a favorite due to the cost yet good quality, fan filter, etc. A new revision out this summer is the Rosewill RSV-4310 that appears to have replaced the likes of the RSV-R4000. The RSV-4310 4U enclosure does bring some nice minor updates to the base enclosure we've come to know and appreciate though is more costly.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Might also be worth looking at the RSV-4312 as well, since its got 12 drive bays, 2 front-mounted USB 3, supports ATX/CEB and is on sale for $110 for the next two days.

Comment

I also heavily back this family of server case and have used them extensively - even the desktop computer I'm typing this on is in one of these rack mount cases! Apart from being high quality, simple, and cheap they are relatively easy to customize/mod as well (particularly the 3 drive bay versions as they are more symmetrical).

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        Presumably though this may be due in part due to steel tarrifs or other trade costs,

Comment

Originally posted by zamadatix View Post
          I also heavily back this family of server case and have used them extensively - even the desktop computer I'm typing this on is in one of these rack mount cases! Apart from being high quality, simple, and cheap they are relatively easy to customize/mod as well (particularly the 3 drive bay versions as they are more symmetrical).
          was about to say the cases look good for normal desktop PCs as well and priced right !

Comment

I have a Ryzen 2700 installed in this case.

The only issues I have seen is that the front USB ports are low fi and not reliable with the motherboard I have in it.

I tried to add a USB3 accessory in bay #1, but you have to take whole front drive bay assembly apart to add it. Since the case cover will be closed 90% of the time it doesn't matter anyway.

When I get an Epyc or TR of my liking I will pull the Ryzen out.

Otherwise this case is perfect for current generation stuff.

Comment

Working...
            X