Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thunderbolt 3 Software Connection Manager Support Coming In Linux 5.5 For Apple Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunderbolt 3 Software Connection Manager Support Coming In Linux 5.5 For Apple Hardware

Phoronix: Thunderbolt 3 Software Connection Manager Support Coming In Linux 5.5 For Apple Hardware

The Thunderbolt changes have been merged to char-misc ahead of the upcoming Linux 5.5 merge window...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I find myself strangely looking forward to USB4 becoming a widely deployed thing. It must be the first version that has actually got me interested since the windows 95 plug-and-pray USB1.0 days.

Now let's just hope they don't screw up the implementation (hardware/software)!

I wonder how long it'll be before we see desktop network switches where some of the cables are just USB4 Type C connectors with RJ45/SFP for backhaul/longer runs.

Comment

Working...
    X