Linux and plug-n-play 10Gbps network cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux and plug-n-play 10Gbps network cards

Hello everyone.... I'm going to be adding some 10Gbps network cards to some Linux boxes soon (Linux Mint 19.2 on box 1 and not sure which flavor of Linux on backup box 2) but I came across this article while doing some research and one thing I'm wondering..... do I need to install drivers for whichever 10Gbps cards I go with? Ideally, I'd like to find some 10Gbps cards I can just install and Linux will work with them. This articles mentions an "out of the box" experience so I'm just curious if all/most 10Gbps cards work with Linux or do I need a newer Kernel? Mint 19.2 ships with I think 4.15. Looking for guidance on a 'plug-n-play' solution as I'd rather not have to deal with drivers but I had zero luck finding out which 10Gbps cards Kernel 4.15 supports. (I'm a slight Linux noob.)
    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux Hardware, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, GNU/Linux benchmarks, Open Source AMD, Linux How To, X.Org drivers, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X