CompuLab's Airtop 3 Is The Most Powerful Fan-Less Computer We've Tested Yet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CompuLab's Airtop 3 Is The Most Powerful Fan-Less Computer We've Tested Yet

Phoronix: CompuLab's Airtop 3 Is The Most Powerful Fan-Less Computer We've Tested Yet

The past month and a half we have been putting CompuLab's Airtop 3 computer through some demanding benchmarks and a variety of endurance workloads. With the Airtop 3 under test loaded with an 8-core / 16-thread Xeon processor, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 graphics, and 64GB of RAM with NVMe SSD storage there were some concerns over thermal throttling and if this fan-less industrial PC design could really deal with the generated heat. But after all of this testing, the Airtop 3 continues running strong and another shining example of CompuLab's engineering strength.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=28219

The Skylake NUC hitting 100 degrees...? At 14nm what's the max temperature these circuits can hold before they break?

Comment

Also, dav1d results because it's September 2019 and they still haven't upgraded to FPS: (it's as easy as dropping the sys.time cheat and using my bc-using patch to transform sys.time into FPS)

IPC3: 116.11fps
      NUC: 218.36fps
      Airtop: 227.6058fps
      Airtop3: 427.4fps
      Last edited by tildearrow; 09-09-2019, 04:03 PM.

Comment

It needs a giant fan to blow all the ugly Intel/NVIDIA stuff out, and suck all the beautiful AMD stuff in!

Comment

Originally posted by muncrief View Post
          It needs a giant fan to blow all the ugly Intel/NVIDIA stuff out, and suck all the beautiful AMD stuff in!
          I am wondering why there is no new AMD system from CompuLab for a long time?...

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
            The Skylake NUC hitting 100 degrees...? At 14nm what's the max temperature these circuits can hold before they break?

100°C. That's the i7-6770HQ tjunction.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyChow View Post

100°C. That's the i7-6770HQ tjunction.
              It is a miracle that his NUC hasn't died despite reaching (and most likely surpassing) that temperature.

Comment

Also, dav1d results because it's September 2019 and they still haven't upgraded to FPS: (it's as easy as dropping the sys.time cheat and using my bc-using patch to transform sys.time into FPS)

IPC3: 116.11fps
                NUC: 218.36fps
                Airtop: 227.6058fps
                Airtop3: 427.4fps
                I believe dav1d has added their FPS patch (finally) but hadn't introduced a new version yet.
                Michael Larabel
                http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

I believe dav1d has added their FPS patch (finally) but hadn't introduced a new version yet.
                  By "they" I mean you.

OK, let's wait until 0.4...

Comment

By "they" I mean you.

OK, let's wait until 0.4...
                    I was talking about a tagged upstream dav1d release that has the patch in place, AFAIK they hadn't tagged a release yet with that patch, which I try to stick to tagged versions.
                    Michael Larabel
                    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X