Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsair Force MP600 PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD Benchmarks On Linux

Phoronix: Corsair Force MP600 PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD Benchmarks On Linux

One of the first PCIe Gen 4 NVMe SSDs to market has been the Corsair Force MP600. AMD included the Corsair MP600 2TB NVMe PCIe4 SSD with their Ryzen 3000 reviewer's kit and for those interested in this speedy solid-state storage here are some benchmarks compared to various other storage devices on Ubuntu Linux.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

All I want is a shitty SATA 3 SSD of a reasonable size, like 10 TB...

Comment

And how does it perform when mounted on PCIe 3.0?

Comment

Originally posted by kobblestown View Post
        And how does it perform when mounted on PCIe 3.0?
        seconding that

Comment

Originally posted by josh_walrath View Post
          All I want is a shitty SATA 3 SSD of a reasonable size, like 10 TB...
          Samsung PM1633a - 15TB for humble $10k

Comment

Corsair does not provide any method to update their products' firmware without using Windows - they don't even provide an operating system agnostic firmware update iso.

Don't support companies that refuse to support your use case.

Comment

Damn... I expected there to be a decent size jump upwards from PCIe 3.0 drives, but that's considerably better than what I expected.

Comment

Intel made a big deal of claiming that PCIe 4 was useless. Sure, for GPU side it pretty much is at this point, but for storage it clearly isn't.

Comment

Couple of questions.

did you put the SSDs into CPU or chipset M.2 port? Would be interesting to see if there is any difference

Is it possible to measure the write speed (both sequential and random) over time? Most SSDs start quick but decrease after filling cache, dropping speed to half or more, the Samsung PRO models don't suffer from this so much.

Also the comparison to 256/512 GB models is not entirely valid, 1/2 TB models are faster in some scenarios. Also would love to see Samsung EVO Plus 2 TB in this benchmark.

Comment

Stick that Corsair in your Talos POWER9 box. It has PCIe v4.

Just use a slot to M.2 adapter.

Comment

Working...
                    X