Odake BladeX: A 4K 15.6-inch Portable Monitor Supporting HDMI & USB-C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odake BladeX: A 4K 15.6-inch Portable Monitor Supporting HDMI & USB-C

Phoronix: Odake BladeX: A 4K 15.6-inch Portable Monitor Supporting HDMI & USB-C

A few years back we looked at the ASUS ZenScreen USB-C Portable Monitor that took until recently when it began playing working nicely on Linux due to its DisplayLink hardware and also the state of Type-C DP AlternateMode support at the time. What we've been trying out over the past week has been the Odake BladeX as a much more interesting portable monitor: it's a 15.6-inch display in 1080p and 4K options that also supports native HDMI input and other functionality unmatched by the ZenScreen.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool!

micheal if at all possible please test with some of the ARM single board computers. Obviously the ARM board needs to support the 4K resolution.

Comment

Nice ! Can I have one?

Comment

sadly, no DP no party

refresh rate at 4K?

greetings

EDIT: 60Hz, not bad
        Last edited by sl1pkn07; 02 July 2019, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Shouldn't bother to take pictures, Michael, if you are just going to throw a laptop on top of another laptop and stretch a cable across the screen.

Fortunately, there's a very nice BladeX video here: https://invidio.us/watch?v=6-JX1RQ8tN4

Comment

A 15.6" monitor at 4K resolution... I can't see the difference in pixels between 1080p and 2160p if the HiDPI is enabled for 2160p resolution due to my visual impairment. I know most people can, as those with vision loss are part of the minority.

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
              A 15.6" monitor at 4K resolution... I can't see the difference in pixels between 1080p and 2160p if the HiDPI is enabled for 2160p resolution due to my visual impairment. I know most people can, as those with vision loss are part of the minority.
              I wear glasses, but I can tell the difference between 1080p, 1440p, and 2160p on monitors as small as 24". A lot of it is due to the fonts and general sharpness of the image. HDR widens this gap still further. Linux just needs support for HDR.

Comment

Originally posted by betam4x View Post

I wear glasses, but I can tell the difference between 1080p, 1440p, and 2160p on monitors as small as 24". A lot of it is due to the fonts and general sharpness of the image. HDR widens this gap still further. Linux just needs support for HDR.
                Only if HiDPI isn't used, correct? If the TTY console's font is too small in high resolution, I won't be able to work with the terminal at all. That is, if I'm not working with the graphical environment enabled (such as when I stopped the GDM or lightdm display manager via systemctl).

Comment

They have a 1080p version which should last longer when using it's battery, and is touch too if you like it

Comment

Originally posted by sl1pkn07 View Post
                    sadly, no DP no party
                    Why would you want to Double Penetrate this monitor?

Comment

Working...
                    X