Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to install the LaserJet CP1025nw color printer in Debian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to install the LaserJet CP1025nw color printer in Debian?

I'm a beginner in the Linux world. I have two printers installed on my computer. One is the HP 1018, and the other is the HP CP1025nw color. The first is implicitly seen by any distribution, with the second one having problems.

Now I use AcademiX, a relatively new educational distribution.

The only distribution he saw was Ubuntu Dingo. But when I give it print it does not print anything.

Have you met this problem? Can you help me?

Thank you!

AcademiX 1 or AcademiX 2 ? ... because first is flavour Debian Stretch and last is Buster

Comment

Your device is what we used to call a "Winprinter" because it uses a stripped down driver model that depends on the Microsoft Windows GDI to print.

You can install that functionality in Linux by installing a proprietary binary blob. SEE:

Comment

hp-check

SMART INSTALL/CD_ROM ENABLED DEVICES
        ------------------------------------
        error: HP LaserJet CP 1025nw
        Smart Install is enabled for these devices. Please disable Smart Install to enable device functionalities.

Refer link 'http://hplipopensource.com/node/367' to disable Smart Install.

What is Smart Install and how deactivate him?

Comment

Try the settings on the front panel of the printer: Settings->Services->HP Smart install->deactivate (may be disable, I forget).

Comment

Working...
          X