HDMI monitor flickering green on most kernels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDMI monitor flickering green on most kernels

Hi all, a while ago, I bought a Freesync HDMI monitor (Acer SB220Q), but later learned that Freesync does not work over HDMI on Linux. While the VGA on the monitor works fine with Linux, the HDMI flickers green, unless I boot into one specific kernel, 4.18.0-10-generic, and then in this kernel, it works just fine. Has anyone else used this monitor or similar? Does anyone know of any fixes for this problem?

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    Use the latest AMD wip kernel, Mesa & LLVM gitlab master and latest amdgpu firmware files.
    https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/...m-next-5.3-wip
    https://launchpad.net/~paulo-miguel-...ve/ubuntu/mesa

I sold my HDMI only monitor, because the DP has better Linux support. Developers use DP monitors. DP is for computers and HDMI for consumer electronics.
    RX460 or RX570 is low budget consumer hardware, as is a low end ryzen CPU. You have consumer hardware so consumer HDMI is suited for you.

Comment

The most important factor when building a PC is performance/dollar. RX570 with current low prices has an excellent value. Low end Ryzen cpus too.
      https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews...cpus,5668.html

I have intel and nvidia free PC hardware. You do not have and that is why you are feeling bad. I am the target of your bad feelings.
      you are poor and unemployed. Thats why you buy low quality, low performance second hand hardware. You are jealous and full of envy of those who can afford better hardware than you.

Comment

Good, continue insults. It proofs that you fatal mental problems.
        *proves
        stop dribbling on your keyboard with your broken english

Comment

debianxfce should really be forbidden from posting in any thread under the "Hardware" or "Radeon Graphics" categories.

bridgman agd5f

And before dx even replies, don't waste your time. I already know what you're gonna say, almost guaranteed:

Originally posted by debianxfce
          tildearrow should really be forbidden from posting typos in any thread under the forums.
          Last edited by tildearrow; 29 May 2019, 10:21 PM.

Comment

AS and other syndrome people can not handle technical facts. They live in their own bubble and are very sensitive to distractions.
            Technical fact: You are a low IQ, unemployed autistic virgin. Also you are extremely overweight.

Comment

AS and other syndrome people can not handle technical facts. They live in their own bubble and are very sensitive to distractions.
              Tell that to yourself.

Do you live in a bubble? Yes. Have you ever tried anything other than Debian with XFCE and Ubuntu PPAs?
              Are you very sensitive to distractions? Yes. Look at your own post history.
              Last edited by tildearrow; 30 May 2019, 09:58 PM. Reason: clarify

Comment

You can not write technical facts, just personal insults. You do not know what I am but I know that you have fatal mental problems.
                I know exactly who, or rather, what you are. All technical facts point out that you are a mentally ill loser.

Comment

No you do not know. You are describing yourself when insulting me. See below.

My presence on this forum makes you nervous, so you are dribbling uncontrollably on your keyboard.

Comment

Working...
                  X