No announcement yet.

A Number Of Logitech Mouse/Keyboard Support Improvements Coming To Linux 5.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a useless fucking company. They're like Adobe, only retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
      What a useless fucking company. They're like Adobe, only retarded.
      That would make them retarded twice.

Comment

Originally posted by xiando View Post
        I still have a Logitech Cordless Desktop Pro keyboard which I don't use anymore since it's a membrane keyboard - but works and I used it for well over a decade. There's no text on most of the keycaps (which aren't replaceable). It was part of a keyboard+mouse set and the mouse did eventually break.
        I have the same thing and I still use it. The mouse eventually broke after eight years, but the keyboard has been working since I bought it in ~2000. So 19 years for a keyboard to work continuously is pretty darned good IMO, particularly because it's probably one of the best ergonomic keyboards there has ever been IMO

Comment

Originally posted by sheldonl View Post

I have the same thing and I still use it. The mouse eventually broke after eight years, but the keyboard has been working since I bought it in ~2000. So 19 years for a keyboard to work continuously is pretty darned good IMO, particularly because it's probably one of the best ergonomic keyboards there has ever been IMO
          Ditto from around the same time. I ended up replacing the mouse with a G600 a few years ago...just got tired of replacing batteries. The keyboard from mine worked until earlier this year when I spilled a can of Pepsi on it. Using some piece of crap HP wireless keyboard until I buy something wired and mechanical. I doubt I'll ever go back to using wireless accessories again...headphones, keyboard, mouse, headset, game controller: fuck wireless.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Ditto from around the same time. I ended up replacing the mouse with a G600 a few years ago...just got tired of replacing batteries. The keyboard from mine worked until earlier this year when I spilled a can of Pepsi on it. Using some piece of crap HP wireless keyboard until I buy something wired and mechanical. I doubt I'll ever go back to using wireless accessories again...headphones, keyboard, mouse, headset, game controller: fuck wireless.
            I have spilled stuff on it before and just pulled all of the keys off and washed it and left it to air dry. Still worked after that but YMMV

Comment

I tend to ruin the button switches after a few years (3-5) on the lowend logitech wireless mice. Yes, i could probably decide to buy a $75-$120 logitech mouse and get longer life, but it's just not worth it.

Anyone know of a mouse that doesn't suck, is wireless, works on linux (in that it shows up as a mouse with buttons), takes normal AA batteries, works on glass (or other shiny surfaces), and doesn't light up in anyway?

Comment

I have a M510 wireless mouse from Logitech. While i like its ergonomics and functions, I had to replace a couple switches after a couple years. So is not something that can take abuse from gaming.

But since it is one of the rare cheap mouses with side scroll and back/forward lateral buttons, I will stick with the longest I can, because newer stuff is going the stupidfication route, removing functions like Apple.

Comment

Look...regardless of whether Logitech is drek or not it's pretty much the largest 3rd party peripheral maker out there and has been for years. ANYTHING that kernel hackers can do to make sure that first time users to Linux get a smooth hardware setup and transition is not JUST a good thing, it's a GREAT thing!

Comment

Don't understand the Logitech hate.

I got...
                    • a Logitech Craft (most expensive keyboard ever and the Crown does not even work on Linux. Heck, it's more costly than a f**king Topre)
                    • a Logitech K750r solar powered keyboard
                    • a Logitech K800 backlit keyboard
                    • a Logitech K810 backlit bluetooth keyboard
                    • a Logitech MK545 Advanced keyboard + mouse combo
                    • a Logitech MK345 keyboard + mouse combo
                    • two M570 trackballs
                    • an MX Master 2S mouse
                    ...and they are all a joy to type on (maybe except the MK345 with its ultra stiff keys).

Just wish that some kind soul can do something to make the Craft's Crown usable on Linux. By far the only semi-decent tool available for administering Unifying devices on Linux is Solaar, and they have been stuck at version 0.9.2 for six years.

Comment

Originally posted by sheldonl View Post

My IBM Model M is much older and still working perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                      X