No announcement yet.

Airtop3 Manages A Passively-Cooled Core i9 9900K + Quadro RTX 4000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price isn't actually that bad. $2,112 for one with i9 and 1TB ssd and nvme. Probably priced like a similarly loaded laptop would cost.

Comment

Nice to know becauI will be looking for a passively cooled Zen2 or ice-lake whenever those hit the market.

Comment

Oh for an edit button or at least a less buggy mobile UI on this site

Comment

Wonderful looking hardware, but I wouldn't even consider buying it with NVIDIA graphics.

So many people have worked so hard to give us fully Free Software / Open Source systems. Now that we have that, I don't want to take even a single step back. Hardware which requires proprietary drivers are not an option for me.

I want my/our next steps to be forward. Open firmware and open hardware (full schematics available and usable by competitors).

Compulab: if you're going to offer GNU/Linux support, please use an AMD graphics card or, in the future, an Intel graphics card. NVIDIA do not play well with the GNU/Linux culture and way of doing things.

Comment

I would really dig an AMD-based version; even with the current options it might be a really good way to go for my application at work.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
              Also places like recording studios where even a noctua fan is too noisy.
              Our production studios simply run the microphone cables from the very loud giant workstations under the false floor into the recording room next door. Problem solved.

Comment

Working...
              X