Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 Launches With Linux Support In Tow

Phoronix: Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 Launches With Linux Support In Tow

Alongside many other data-centric announcements yesterday, Intel quietly released the Wi-Fi 6 AX200 802.11ax wireless adapters formerly known by the Cyclone Peak codename...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That is not something new. For example my wi-fi chip which launched at 2014 also lists Linux support:

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post
      That is not something new. For example my wi-fi chip which launched at 2014 also lists Linux support:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us...s-ac-7265.html
      Yours is 802.11ac and I think a decent number of earlier 802.11ac devices launched without Linux support. This chip is one of the early (as far as I know) 802.11ax devices. So it's nice to see this get Linux support very early.

Unless I have my information incorrect.

Comment

This is awesome.
        Once Fenvi has the AX200 (I honestly thought it would be called the Wireless-AX 22260) in stock, I am planning on buying at least two, if I will have the budget.

Comment

And of course they're M.2 only, so screw anyone with an older laptop. Thanks, Intel.

Comment

Originally posted by willmore View Post
            And of course they're M.2 only, so screw anyone with an older laptop. Thanks, Intel.
            Oh, they aren't mini-PCIe? Damn. I was hoping to get one maybe 2-3 years later.

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post

Oh, they aren't mini-PCIe? Damn. I was hoping to get one maybe 2-3 years later.
              The last mini-PCI-E one they made was the 7260, IIRC. It's been M.2 since then.

Comment

Originally posted by willmore View Post

The last mini-PCI-E one they made was the 7260, IIRC. It's been M.2 since then.
                You can find 8260D2W soldered on mPCIe cards on AliExpress.
                It's not official, but it should work.

If someone could lay their hands on the AX200D2W, we could very well see something similar (I wonder whether mPCIe can handle those speeds, though).
                You could also use an M.2 to mPCIe adapter, should work just as well.

Comment

Originally posted by moriel5 View Post

You can find 8260D2W soldered on mPCIe cards on AliExpress.
                  It's not official, but it should work.

If someone could lay their hands on the AX200D2W, we could very well see something similar (I wonder whether mPCIe can handle those speeds, though).
                  You could also use an M.2 to mPCIe adapter, should work just as well.
                  I'll look for adapters. I hadn't thought to do that. Good idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us...s-ac-7265.html
                    Afaik Intel wifi ac chipsets weren't supported at launch and for a couple years or so afterwards they were either not supported or crappy.

This is a next-gen wifi chipset getting support sooner than the hardware showing up. This is big.

Comment

Working...
                    X