Linux 5.1 Should Sound Great... Well, At Least Work With More Audio Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
    lol laptop audio. Just get a proper USB DAC and do your ears a favor.
    on most laptops you just want audio to work at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeder View Post
      Even worse ALC1220 recording is still 100% unusable on Pulseaudio and crackling/popping on ALSA.
      +1... and is not a new sound card...

Comment

Originally posted by prueba_hola View Post
        And Realtek ALC1220 still crackling the output sound....

It crackles under Windows too. You're not missing much.
        No, but seriously, you sure it's not just your board that has crappy sound? The ALC1220 seems to work fine for lots of people, so it could be just a hardware issue.

Comment

Isnt there this lever for ALC1220 kernel module that fixes somewhat the crackling. Not sure how it affects things in general thou.

Comment

Originally posted by Anty View Post

Where?
            ASUS ROG Strix X370-F Gaming has problems with Linux yet. I'm using a Xonar DSX to have a good sound quality, although I have to adjust the volume through alsamixer in the console (I'm using Fedora now).

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
              And on Windows I am sure it works perfectly. Why wouldn't it under Linux?
              Not disagreeing, I just wanted to say it should be a low priority (not for devs but for users) seeing as it sucks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by hreindl View Post
                as dumb as always.....
                As simpleton as always.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                  on most laptops you just want audio to work at all.
                  Builtin audio?

It shouldn't even be called "audio" but rather "noise". IMO, of course.

Comment

Builtin audio?

It shouldn't even be called "audio" but rather "noise". IMO, of course.
                    It's called "audio" because better quality stuff for "golden ears" people that need valve amps and directional copper cables is called "high end audio".

You know, laptop built-in audio is the same as a phone's. Functional. You can do video conference calls, or listen to people talking in videos, that's all it really needs to do.

And even then, modern integrated audio DACs have reached a level where they are perfectly fine for normal people. Just buy decent headphones.

Comment

Not disagreeing, I just wanted to say it should be a low priority (not for devs but for users) seeing as it sucks anyway.

Even in Windows there will always be at least one oddball laptop from the big five OEMs that plain refuses to work with the generic Windows audio drivers.

Comment

Working...
                      X