No announcement yet.

UK Linux Vendor Star Labs Systems Supporting LVFS+Fwupd For Firmware Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Linux Vendor Star Labs Systems Supporting LVFS+Fwupd For Firmware Updates

Phoronix: UK Linux Vendor Star Labs Systems Supporting LVFS+Fwupd For Firmware Updates

Boutique Linux PC vendor Star Labs Systems out of the United Kingdom is the latest hardware vendor seeing their products supported by the Linux Vendor Firmware System (LVFS) with Fwupd for handling firmware updates...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Very good prices.
    I believe that is a lot of hardware at that price point.

Comment

At first I thought "Ugh, just another cheap N4200 laptop" but it actually looks to be pretty nice.
      Ships with Linux, nice design, 1080p monitor, 8gb ram, 240gb SSD and USB-C charging but also USB type A ports for normal USB peripherals.
      Only thing I'm wondering about is the battery life.

If I would be in need of a new laptop I would be very interested in this, but unfortunately I don't need a new laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by johanb View Post
        1080p monitor
        *IPS monitor. Very very important thing.
        Also backlit keyboard.

Only thing I'm wondering about is the battery life.
        Probably 5-6 hours, it is more or less similar to this one https://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-A....190369.0.html

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          *IPS monitor. Very very important thing.
          Also backlit keyboard.
          Non-ips screens on laptops are horrible so that's good, backlit keyboard is a nice bonus!

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          Probably 5-6 hours, it is more or less similar to this one https://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-A....190369.0.html
          But that laptop is 15" rather than 11" though. Also, what's the size of the battery?

Comment

Originally posted by johanb View Post
            But that laptop is 15" rather than 11" though. Also, what's the size of the battery?
            30.6 wh for the Star Labs Lite, 36wh for the Acer

Comment

Working...
            X