No announcement yet.

Raspberry Pi Touchscreen Driver Finally Being Mainlined With Linux 4.21 Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry Pi Touchscreen Driver Finally Being Mainlined With Linux 4.21 Kernel

Phoronix: Raspberry Pi Touchscreen Driver Finally Being Mainlined With Linux 4.21 Kernel

Finally with the in-development Linux 4.21 kernel will be the input driver for supporting the Raspberry Pi 7-inch touchscreen...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wish there was a high-res 5-inch screen so I could turn a Raspberry Pi into a non-Android smartphone.

(All the 5-inch screens I found were 800x480)

(Yes, I'm aware other components are needed too)
    Last edited by tildearrow; 03 January 2019, 12:27 AM. Reason: clarify

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      I wish there was a high-res 5-inch screen so I could turn a Raspberry Pi into a non-Android smartphone.

(All the 5-inch screens I found were 800x480)

(Yes, I'm aware other components are needed too)
      The Odroid variant: https://www.hardkernel.com/shop/odro...io-capability/ is slightly higher res.

Comment

.NET Core also supports Raspberry Pi.
        With the System.Devices namespace.

This repo includes .NET Core implementations for various IoT boards, chips, displays and PCBs. - dotnet/iot

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          .NET Core also supports Raspberry Pi.
          With the System.Devices namespace.

https://github.com/dotnet/iot/
          Are you slowly becoming a Microsoft fanboy?

Comment

Yes, I am!
            I try not to be a fanboy, and stay neutral and base my decisions on facts instead of sentiments and brand loyalty.
            I moved away from Windows to Linux many years ago, and there were many dissatisfaction towards Microsoft and Windows from me.

But Microsoft is making it hard to not like them. They are really begging big on open source delivering many great pieces of software.

Also unlike many other companies who are doing open source, Microsoft are doing it right.
            Example Google develops Android behind locked doors then do a code drop whenever they release a new version. Microsoft on the other hand develops their code out in the open, on GitHub, and interacts together with independent developers in the open source community.

Comment

I would like to see a use case for ten-finger input on a 7" display.

I use the RaspberryPi 3 B+, 3 A+ and Zero W every day with Acer 1080p touchscreens. They all work out of the box with no calibration when using one finger input, even the newest Acer Thin Bezel USB Type C touch screen.

Comment

Wasn't he always one?

Comment

Cool, I almost got that screen a while back, I think I'll wait for Raspberry pi 4 though, since my Pis are all busy at the moment

Comment

Working...
                  X