Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System76 Thelio Systems Being Announced Next Week

Phoronix: System76 Thelio Systems Being Announced Next Week

The past month Linux PC/laptop vendor System76 has been teasing its open-source fan-base about building a new "open-source" PC with their new Colorado factory...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm hoping that they can infact keep the price manageable. I'm not so much interested in the open hardware as I am the USA production. Given the right design and manufacturing systems they should be able to keep pricing with in an acceptable range.

Given that they need to take whomever did their web site and thrash him with a big stick. I would imagine the web site drives away more customers than the start up nature of building in the USA.

Comment

thel.io is one of the strangest site designs I have seen in a few years. I wish they would turn down the hipsterism and turn up the specs.

I'm waiting to see what lowRISC, SiFive or Raptor brings (next)!

Comment

They substituted stylised cartoons of rockets for product photos, what gives?

Comment

If there's no product photos, they're basically selling a lifestyle. This is no surprise, they are offering some interesting higher end options, but they always have to compete with both other companies that support Linux (i.e. Dell professional laptops), and any bog standard laptop people install Linux on..

Comment

on the last news the impression was about a daughter board, now with this news seems they are talking about a complete pc i'm confused, do anyone understand it better than me?
            anyway i hope there is a complete pc, i hope they will sell it as mobo+cpu option only, to drop the price to make it available to normal people, because if the price will be the same as raptor blackbird or so, why someone chose it? at least raptor will sell spare parts

i'm happy to see open computers happen, but if the price will be too much higher, will be like have nothing, also normal people deserve to own a open computer

Comment

That's not how you sell computers to a tech community.
              Release the specs!

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post
                thel.io is one of the strangest site designs I have seen in a few years. I wish they would turn down the hipsterism and turn up the specs.

I'm waiting to see what lowRISC, SiFive or Raptor brings (next)!
                Nothing wrong with being a little creative with the site.

Comment

That 32gb ECC RAM cap for the base model is quite a peculiar figure.

Comment

Working...
                  X