Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SilverStone Fortress FT01

Phoronix: SilverStone Fortress FT01

For the past sixteen months it's been difficult for us to find an ATX computer enclosure that beats the SilverStone Temjin TJ10 in terms of its build quality, design, and functionality, but SilverStone may have finally set a new precedent for desktop enclosures with the introduction of the Fortress FT01. This ATX chassis consists of a uni-body frame with origins that can be traced back to the Temjin TJ07, but with better cooling performance, dual 180mm fans, and a number of new features. It's with great pride that today we review the SilverStone Fortress FT01.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Maybe you want to compare against a professional chasis

I strongly recommend to compare the SilverStone chasis against a server chasis, especially against a new HP ProLiant DL380 G5.

I've _NEVER_ seen anything that can compete against this clean, professional, uncluttered chasis design. _NO TOOLS_ needed for administration, apart from CPU and RAM _EVERYTHING_ is hot plugable, zero cable mess, complete modular design. _THIS_ is what I expect of a computer hardware in the 21st century, not cable binder mess (like on your photos of the SilverStone Chasis) that consumer/desktop PC's are contaminated with.

Having said that, of course there is a catch: no, not the price, DL380 start @ 1600 bucks which I consider cheap compared of what you get, it's the noise. ProLiants have a modular fan architecture, so you can plug in aditional fans whenever you think appropriate. But they have small diameter and none cared about there noise level, so if you have a full packed fan setup in your ProLiant, you'll get insane by the noise it produces.

Further, I always wished to see a decent dust protection, that and the noise are the big 2 drawbacks I see for the ProLiant chasis.

Comment

Working...
    X