• Show
Clear All

• andreano
    replied
    Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
    Code:
    mousewheel.min_line_scroll_amount
    mousewheel.acceleration.factor
    No, I want 100 times more notches on the wheel and pixel accuracy.
    Last edited by andreano; 04 September 2018, 01:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• torsionbar28
    replied
    Originally posted by andreano View Post
    This is on my wishlist!

I bought two Logitech G502 mice (for home and work) for the sheer scrolling speed, but I hate that it scrolls in 3 line increments.
    That's not what this is.

Since you didn't mention in which application, I'll assume it's the web browser. In Firefox for example, browse to about:config and look for these parameters to alter the scrolling amount and speed:
    Code:
    mousewheel.min_line_scroll_amount
    mousewheel.acceleration.factor

Leave a comment:

• andreano
    replied
    This is on my wishlist!

I bought two Logitech G502 mice (for home and work) for the sheer scrolling speed, but I hate that it scrolls in 3 line increments.

Leave a comment:

• ssokolow
    replied
    Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
    I just hope DEs won't pick up as a X-axis scrollwheel somehow... Imagine the confusion!
    Doubtful. There's already plenty of precedent for doing this sort of thing without colliding. For example, under X11, to receive the supplemental data which distinguishes a drawing tablet from a a mouse, a program has to explicitly ask the XInput API for said supplemental information.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Contribute to libratbag!
    A DBus daemon to configure input devices, mainly high-end and gaming mice - libratbag/libratbag

Run the command "lsusb" and copy the USB ID of your mouse and the name and write an issue with the information, or create a .device file.
    Look at the example.device file.
    A DBus daemon to configure input devices, mainly high-end and gaming mice - libratbag/libratbag

Leave a comment:

• carewolf
    replied
    You still need to mode switch the mouse which is probably more protocols, but yes a way to fix libinput to work with smooth scroll wheels would be nice. I am currently forced to keep the evdev xinput driver around because libinput can't handle this, and just giving it the data from the kernel might be a way to do this since they aren't accepting the patches to do so on their own level.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by sheepdestroyer View Post
    Libratbag & Piper do not work with my MX Master 2S ; however, Solaar does and is great
    Maybe take a look at the code and see if you can contribute a patch.
    Last edited by uid313; 31 August 2018, 04:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Azpegath
    replied
    Dose this apply to other mice as well?

Leave a comment:

• Zan Lynx
    replied
    Originally posted by hiryu View Post
    What's the advantage of this? Does it bring advantages to gaming? At least potentially?
    It's mostly great for smooth scrolling. I find it really nice in Windows.

Leave a comment:

• M@yeulC
    replied
    I just hope DEs won't pick up as a X-axis scrollwheel somehow... Imagine the confusion!
    That's great, I've always wanted better handling of these events, which are way too much "hardcoded" in various parts of the OS design to my liking.

Originally posted by hiryu View Post
    What's the advantage of this? Does it bring advantages to gaming? At least potentially?
    Well, I guess you can have smoother scrolling with this, which might be a great thing for web browsers, but also computer design software that often requires scrolling around, or more generally, any slider/scrollbar.

As for gaming... Maybe, but I don't see it useful apart maybe from a couple games where a high precision input for a continuously variable setting might be required. Flight simulators with throttle/flaps controls comes to my mind, but not much else (and do you really want to play a flight sim with a mouse?).
    Oh, yeah, that would be great if retrofitted to Osmos, maybe.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X