Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toshiba RC100 NVMe SSD Ubuntu Linux Benchmarks

Phoronix: Toshiba RC100 NVMe SSD Ubuntu Linux Benchmarks

Back in June Toshiba introduced the RC100 NVMe solid-state drive as a new low-end offering. The RC100 is now a bit blindsided by Intel's just-launched 660p SSD that delivers incredible storage capacities per dollar, and I'll have some Intel 660p Linux benchmarks in a few days, but for those curious about the RC100 here are some Ubuntu Linux benchmark results for this low-cost NVMe SSD.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I am trying to get the 480GB variant of those for almost a month now. No dice, out of stock everywhere.

Comment

$70~70 USD
      typo+5 characters minimum

Comment

"But with being M.2 2242 is limited to PCI Express x2 lanes rather than x4 bandwidth."

Huh? How is the card length at all related to the bandwidth? These are independent variables. An M.2 card can be PCIe x1, x2, or x4. And with length of 30, 42, 60, 80, or 110 mm. There is no relationship between PCIe lanes and card length.

Comment

torsionbar28 I think its the ssd controller which is in the pakage with tha flash chip. It needs to be small so there wasn't enough space for a x4 controller. Otherwise i also don't see what the size has to do with the lane number.

In general i think the interesting part about this SSD is its size. Could fit in some smaller slots in some notebook.

Comment

Working...
          X