Introducing EasySeats, and some benchmarks for Multiseat configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing EasySeats, and some benchmarks for Multiseat configuration

Hello I would like to introduce to everybody a small piece of software that I have been working on for a while which makes it possible to configure a multiple seats without getting caught in a web of configuration files and command line prompts. I named it "EasySeats", and that's exactly what it is for - making multiseat easy. I noticed that there really weren't any up-to-date utilities for this purpose, so I wanted to make one. There have been other attempts at this in the past, but any that I found seemed to be unmaintained and did not work.

To demonstrate not just how easy EasySeats is, and also how multiseat functions even on low end hardware, I have a video that I put up on YouTube to demonstrate how to configure, expectations during a reboot, and what happens when you return multiseat back to single user functionality. I recorded this particular video "the long way" because when I initially went to go set up multiseat for testing, no such thing existed that I could find. There were a handful of partial videos that I found but that quite frankly left a lot to be desired IMHO, and then there are the excessively long how-to articles on various distro's wikis that make multiseat setup appear more complicated than it is or has to be.

I just wanted something simple. More than anything, that's the benchmark and goal. Get it and go, no fumbling around. The video is useful, however, in that I set up the second seat and let it play FreeDoom demo while I open a few websites to hopefully demonstrate a performance expectation. The hardware is what I consider to be quite under-powered.

I hope this utility I have created can be of use to some of you and also the video as a tech-demo/how to. There are other multiseat videos on my channel for anyone interested.

ezst036 has 6 repositories available. Follow their code on GitHub.

This is a series of benchmarks for multiseat, mainly to demonstrate how easy it is to configure. I also show what kind of performance can be expected on ver...
Working...
X