Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix RC Flight Controller Driver Coming For Linux 4.17

Phoronix: Phoenix RC Flight Controller Driver Coming For Linux 4.17

One of several new drivers slated for Linux 4.17 is PXRC for the Phoenix RC flight controller adapters...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Anyone got this working in Wine? I have a Realflight controller.

Comment

mike44, I used HELI-X [1] when I developed [2] the driver, it is not as good as PhoenixRC, but still quite nice. I just got some more USB adapters (XTR, VRC) in the mailbox today. At a first glance, they seems to have similiar behavior, so I will add support for these as well. May I ask which USB VendorID and ProductID your Realflight controller has?

[1] http://www.heli-x.info/cms/
      [2] http://www.marcusfolkesson.se/linux-...nixrc-adapter/

Thank you,
      Marcus Folkesson

Comment

Originally posted by mike44 View Post
        Anyone got this working in Wine? I have a Realflight controller.
        When I tested half a year ago, Phoenix RC seemed to work fine in Wine with its relatively simple graphics. However, I could not get it to recognize the controller adapter, effectively rendering it useless.

I have recently managed to get Phoenix RC to work in VirtualBox in Ubuntu 17.10 with Windows 7 as guest OS. But graphics in VirtualBox is not completely smooth.

Comment

This is unexpected and very cool! Thanks Marcus!

Comment

Thanks much for this driver! I don’t yet own a Phoenix RC flight controller adapter. But I’ve been eying one, so great to know it will work on Linux if I every buy it.

Originally posted by mfolkesson View Post
            I just got some more USB adapters (XTR, VRC) in the mailbox today. At a first glance, they seems to have similiar behavior, so I will add support for these as well.
            Have you, by chance, tested an OrangeRx DSMX/DSM2 USB dongle and/or an OrangeRx FrSky USB dongle with any Linux-compatible simulator? If so, did either work?

Comment

Originally posted by GizmoChicken View Post
              Thanks much for this driver! I don’t yet own a Phoenix RC flight controller adapter. But I’ve been eying one, so great to know it will work on Linux if I every buy it.

Have you, by chance, tested an OrangeRx DSMX/DSM2 USB dongle and/or an OrangeRx FrSky USB dongle with any Linux-compatible simulator? If so, did either work?
              I haven't tested their dongles but I wrote an arduino library that works with a teensy microcontroller that i just plug my lemon-rx receiver into. It works really well for liftoff, accurc, and fpv freerider. Those are the only sims I've tried it with. The teensy is only $20 and you can use it wirelessly with any receiver you want. You can find it on github at rspenc29/RxJoystick.

Comment

Markus, my Interlink Plus Realflight controller is very old but works fine in Wine for more than a decade. On Linux I use it for Aerofly in Wine and Crrcsim, however never got it working in Wine with Realflight and certainly won't bother to buy another which probably doesn't as well. So anyone got PhoenixRC or Realflight working with a USB controller in Wine?
                PS: some years ago I had to create a Udev rule...really retarded.
                Last edited by mike44; 30 March 2018, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Very very nice! I am looking forward to this driver
                  Will use it with Heli-X as i expect phoenixrc not to work in wine because of this dongle shit :S

Comment

Originally posted by rspenc29 View Post
                    I wrote an arduino library that works with a teensy microcontroller that i just plug my lemon-rx receiver into. It works really well for liftoff, accurc, and fpv freerider. Those are the only sims I've tried it with. The teensy is only $20 and you can use it wirelessly with any receiver you want. You can find it on github at rspenc29/RxJoystick.
                    Nice! Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                    X