For those that missed the earlier Phoronix articles talking about GTK+ 3.2 developments, among the interesting items are:
- An experimental back-end for the Wayland Display Server, but it's still very much a work-in-progress.
- An HTML5 "Broadway" back-end that allows rendering of GTK applications in modern HTML5 web-browsers.
- Many CSS theming improvements, including width-for-height support in many more widgets.
- Re-designs to the GtkFileChooser and GtkAssistant widgets.
- GtkFontSelection has been replaced by a set of new GtkFontChooser widgets.
- There's new GtkLockButton and GtkOverlay widgets too, among other work.
More details on GTK+ 3.2 can be found in the official release announcement. Also read the other Phoronix GNOME 3.2 articles to learn about other changes coming to this desktop environment refresh due out this week.