Qt Project Open Governance Announcement
For those interested in the Qt tool-kit and its move towards an open governance model, there's two blog posts worth reading today.
These Nokia Qt blog posts are Qt Project and The next step for Qt open governance. The Qt Project goes live in time for Qt Developer Days in Munich.
Here's the key points (pardon for being terse, XDC2011 Chicago is taking place right now):
- Transparent and equal access to all
- Empowering the Qt community of close to 500,000 developers
- Qt is part of bringing apps to the next billion Nokia users
- Qt Project expected to increase adoption of Qt and increase consumption of Qt apps
- "It’s taken a little longer than expected, but we are now very close to move hosting of Qt to a new domain: qt-project.org. The domain will be owned by a non-profit foundation whose only purpose is to host the infrastructure for the Qt project."
- "All technical decisions, as well as decisions about the project direction, will be taken by the community of Contributors, Approvers and Maintainers."
The new site will be Qt-Project.org and it's expected to be live prior to the Qt Developer Days in Munich, Bavaria towards the middle of next month.
Latest Linux Hardware Reviews
Latest Linux Articles
Latest Linux News
Latest Forum Discussions