brought Direct3D multi-sampling support and other features just two weeks ago, but it's been replaced today by Wine 1.3.28. There's some exciting changes in this release too with DirectDraw now defaulting to the OpenGL renderer, an initial version of the VBScript parser, and other changes.
Here's the Wine 1.3.28 release highlights according to the release announcement on WineHQ.org
- Initial version of the VBScript parser.
- Automagic audio driver selection.
- Support for volume information on UDF file systems.
- The OpenGL renderer is now the default for DirectDraw.
- Device configuration dialog in DirectInput.
- SetDIBitsToDevice support in the DIB engine.
- Several improvements in the cmd parser.
- Various bug fixes.
The prominent changes for end-users is the initial Visual Basic Script parser, audio driver selection done in a automatic "magic" manner, the OpenGL renderer being the default for DirectDraw, and command parser improvements. There's also a number of Direct3D fixes/improvements (some for Direct3D 9.0), in particular by Henri Verbeet.
Wine / CodeWeavers continues to benchmark the Wine code-base on a near per-commit basis using the Phoronix Test Suite