Here's the Wine 1.3.28 release highlights according to the release announcement on WineHQ.org.
- Initial version of the VBScript parser.
- Automagic audio driver selection.
- Support for volume information on UDF file systems.
- The OpenGL renderer is now the default for DirectDraw.
- Device configuration dialog in DirectInput.
- SetDIBitsToDevice support in the DIB engine.
- Several improvements in the cmd parser.
- Various bug fixes.
The prominent changes for end-users is the initial Visual Basic Script parser, audio driver selection done in a automatic "magic" manner, the OpenGL renderer being the default for DirectDraw, and command parser improvements. There's also a number of Direct3D fixes/improvements (some for Direct3D 9.0), in particular by Henri Verbeet.
Wine / CodeWeavers continues to benchmark the Wine code-base on a near per-commit basis using the Phoronix Test Suite and OpenBenchmarking.org.