The fourth and final development milestone release for Phoronix Test Suite 3.2-Grimstad has been released this morning.
Phoronix Test Suite 3.2 will be officially released this month, but before that there's this final milestone release to benchmark through. Some of the notable changes in this new release are listed below (in no particular order).
- Phodevi supports proper version detection of the running Unity-2D and GNOME Shell desktops
- Intel GMCH thermal monitoring support as a Phodevi sensor module.
- Intel GPU load sensor monitoring via processing number of commands per second.
- Intel GPU power consumption monitoring on select chipsets.
- A variety of fixes for the Wine/CodeWeavers developers using the Phoronix Test Suite and OpenBenchmarking.org for per-commit performance tests of Wine.
- Support for un-ordered multi-way comparisons.
- Various bug-fixes.
I hope to issue the final release of Phoronix Test Suite 3.2-Grimstad within the next two weeks or so. Right now this current code (as also found in Git master on Phorogit) is in great shape. Before tagging the final release, there's just some improvements I'd like to make to a new auto-bisecting module, Phoromatic-over-OpenBenchmarking.org, and some other features in that area. If they don't land in time, 3.2 final should be close to what you're seeing today. Otherwise if there happens to be a lot of last minute churn, there's the possibility of doing a quick release candidate.
As always, feedback is welcome. Download Phoronix Test Suite 3.2 Milestone 4 at Phoronix-Test-Suite.com
Phoronix Test Suite Milestone 4
1 June 2011
- pts-core: Don't confuse changed hardware as being part of a results tracker
- pts-core: Interactive mode improvements for Moscow
- pts-core: Allow unordered multi-way comparisons
- pts-core: Detect short SHA1 hashes at the end of the identifier string as being part of a results tracker
- pts-core: Rework pts_bypass class into pts_flags
- pts-core: Rename SKIP_EXTERNAL_DEPENDENCIES_CHECK to NO_EXTERNAL_DEPENDENCIES
- pts-core: Add AlwaysUploadResultsToOpenBenchmarking option to user-config.xml
- pts-core: Restore support for just passing the test profile base name to SKIP_TESTS environmental variable
- pts-core: Report average value of line graphs to terminal for concise display mode
- phodevi: Intel GMCH thermal monitoring sensor
- phodevi: Support monitoring the GPU power consumption on Intel hardware using the gpu.power sensor
- phodevi: Support determing Intel GPU load via number of commands processed per second
- phodevi: Support for unity-2d desktop version detection (normal Unity has already been supported)
- phodevi: Support for gnome-shell desktop version detection
- documentation: Move out the auto-generated PDF documentation (it will be on web server) and just leave in the HTML documentation in tree at the request of Debian packager