What Else Is Going On At The MeeGo Conference
Beyond the demo of MeeGo Tablet UX running on Wayland, next week at the MeeGo Conference in San Francisco are a variety of other interesting sessions.
The session program for the 2011 MeeGo Conference was recently published to this web-page. The event is taking place in San Francisco from Monday through Wednesday. Some of what caught our attention is listed below.
- State of the MeeGo Community
- MeeGo for Real - Our path to a MeeGo consumer product
- Hardware Accelerated HTML5 Video Solution for MeeGo Browser
- Gaming on Meego: How to take advantage of Qt Framework to easily create games for Meego devices
- OpenGL ES 2.0 Enabling and Acceleration in MeeGo Simulator and Emulator
- Qt 5: Architecture and plans
- Btrfs: from enterprise to mobile world
- MeeGo Enterprise Goes Beyond Desktop
- Systemd for MeeGo - fastboot 2.0?
- MeeGo Architecture Update
- MeeGo Tablet UX on Wayland
- Qt-Lighthouse - Wayland and Qt-Compositor. A gentle introduction
- How to unleash community testers?
- Why I Bet My Company on Qt and MeeGo
- Instant Startup: From MeeGo Browser To Various MeeGo Applications
- MeeGo 1.2 Developer Edition for Nokia N900
- Qt Quick 2.0
There may also be some sort of major announcement coming out of the MeeGo Conference, but those details are unknown at the moment. The only official keynote listed is just that by the Linux Foundation's Jim Zemlin. As mentioned last week, a PR representative was pushing hard for me to go to the conference for unknown reasons, in line with when major announcements usually come down the pipe. But as it wasn't confirmed or justified, I won't be attending. [Note to PR reps: if not willing to finance the travel costs from Chicago, I'm much more prone to going to European conferences than those in the US. At least there it's guaranteed the beers are good and usually have more sources there.]
Latest Linux Hardware Reviews
Latest Linux Articles
Latest Linux News
Latest Forum Discussions