One of the key features in Phoronix Test Suite 3.2 Milestone 3 is support for translating the PHP source-code to high-performance C++ via Facebook's HipHop and GCC for test systems where PHP may not be available but a native system binary would be preferred.
This release also has support for monitoring the Nouveau driver's frequency of the NVIDIA GPU in real-time, frequency monitoring support for Intel "Gen 6" hardware, improved automated result file descriptions, internal code clean-ups, and now there's HTML documentation that's a facsimile of the PDF documentation.
The latest Phoronix Test Suite release can be downloaded at Phoronix-Test-Suite.com. The official release of Phoronix Test Suite 3.2 will come in June in conjunction with the OpenBenchmarking.org Live operating system and improvements to the OpenBenchmarking.org / Phoromatic test platform.
For details on other changes present in the Phoronix Test Suite 3.2 code-base, see the other articles tagged with Grimstad.
Phoronix Test Suite 3.2 Milestone 3
18 May 2011
- pts-core: Rework test install path handling
- pts-core: Finish eliminating XML-based definitions
- pts-core: Increase PHP compatibility
- pts-core: Facebook HipHop should now fully work with the PTS client
- pts-core: Support real-time monitoring the Nouveau GPU frequency via the gpu.freq call as exposed by system_monitor module
- pts-core: Begin improving the auto-generated result file descriptions
- phodevi: Internal clean-ups
- phodevi: Recognition support for GPFS file-system
- phodevi: Intel SNB frequency reporting
- documentation: Begin auto-generation of HTML documentation in a single file that's the same content as the PDF user guide