Linux users are commanding the most sales right now of OilRush pre-orders, but as of right now they have only sold 1057 copies (938 to Linux users, 119 to Windows users), which is up not even three hundred from one week ago. So there's plenty of gamers out there who don't yet have a pre-order of this game, which costs just shy of $20 USD.
But you're lucky as I will be buying a few extra copies. If you want to try to win a copy, there's two ways to win (yes, you're entitled to try both ways too):
- Run Phoronix Test Suite 3.0 with either the Unigine Tropics or Unigine Heaven test profiles. Before uploading your results to OpenBenchmarking.org, be sure that you register on the site and then run phoronix-test-suite openbenchmarking-login to log into your account. At least one user will be randomly selected to a win a Linux copy of OilRush. So the basic steps to enter are:
1. Register on OpenBenchmarking.org
2. On your system(s) with Phoronix Test Suite 3.0-Iveland, run phoronix-test-suite openbenchmarking-login with your username and password of your OpenBenchmarking.org account.
3. Run phoronix-test-suite benchmark unigine-tropics or phoronix-test-suite benchmark unigine-heaven (or you can run both phoronix-test-suite benchmark unigine-tropics unigine-heaven). Run Heaven or Tropics at least one (with any resolution(s) you wish) and when uploading your test results to OpenBenchmarking.org when prompted, your OpenBenchmarking.org account will be entered to win a copy of OilRush.
If for some reason you're not able to run the Phoronix Test Suite on your system or you just wish to increase your chances of winning, there's another easy way:
- On Twitter follow @Phoronix and @MichaelLarabel -- my recently launched feed where I discuss upcoming tests, let followers ask questions and provide test suggestions, ramble about other Linux matters not covered on Phoronix, and of course a thing or two about great beers. If you already follow Phoronix and MichaelLarabel on Twitter, you're already entered in this contest.
You have until the 3rd of April to do either or both of these methods to try to win a copy of Unigine OilRush for Linux, which also allows you beta access to the game. At least one copy of OilRush will be given away to an OpenBenchmarking.org user and at least two followers on Twitter will receive copies of OilRush for Linux. I say "at least" since I may very well end up deciding to purchase additional copies of OilRush to up the stakes further based upon the interest in this little competition, but at least three copies are up for grabs right now.