Within Catalyst 11.2 you should find:
- A much smaller driver package. The unified x86/x86_64 driver package available from AMD's web-site is down to roughly ~84MB when previously it's been 100MB+. The AMD developers are unifying some of their binaries for different X.Org Server versions and will soon be dropping X.Org Server 6.8 series support.
- Updated packaging scripts pulled from Phorogit.
- Further tear-free desktop updates.
- The Radeon HD 6800 series should now be shown as being officially supported rather than "unsupported hardware" in months prior although the ASICs have worked fine.
- Fixed corruption in Unigine Heaven.
And there's also various bug-fixes, but Catalyst 11.2 for Linux isn't particularly exciting.