AMD has just issued their Catalyst 11.2 Linux driver update. It's now available from AMD.com
but their release notes as usual are of little use, so here's the Phoronix scoop on this month's update.
Within Catalyst 11.2 you should find:
- A much smaller driver package. The unified x86/x86_64 driver package available from AMD's web-site is down to roughly ~84MB when previously it's been 100MB+. The AMD developers are unifying some of their binaries for different X.Org Server versions and will soon be dropping X.Org Server 6.8 series support.
- Updated packaging scripts pulled from Phorogit
- Further tear-free desktop updates
- The Radeon HD 6800 series should now be shown as being officially supported rather than "unsupported hardware" in months prior although the ASICs have worked fine.
- Fixed corruption in Unigine Heaven.
And there's also various bug-fixes, but Catalyst 11.2 for Linux isn't particularly exciting.