OpenBenchmarking.org Launch Statistics
OpenBenchmarking.org and Phoronix Test Suite 3.0 "Iveland" were released over the weekend (press release) from the Southern California Linux Expo during our talk entitled Making More Informed Linux Hardware Choices. Here's some statistics as of this morning that OpenBenchmarking.org has been public for a few days.
- 11,158 OpenBenchmarking.org searches on computer hardware/software have been carried out so far on 1,939 components.
- While even 1,939 components is bigger than Canonical's Hardware Database for Ubuntu, the OpenBenchmarking.org database has data on a total of 462,026 components as of this morning.
- 73,072 systems have been counted so far by OpenBenchmarking.org in conjunction with the Phoronix Test Suite client software.
- 238,492 tests have been completed.
- 36,771 benchmark result files are on OpenBenchmarking.org (including what's available from the Phoronix Global interface).
- Not only is OpenBenchmarking.org popular with Linux users, but it's also of interest to many Mac OS X users in particular. There's been a number of result uploads in recent days from different Mac Book Pros, Mac Pros, and Airs from Apple's Mac OS X. Quite a bit of traffic to the web-site is also coming from OS X users. The Phoronix Test Suite and OpenBenchmarking.org are compatible with Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris, BSD, and Windows operating systems.
- 9,675 independent industry reviews are available via OpenBenchmarking.org thanks to Phoronix Media's Cekora Engine integration.
Latest Articles & Reviews
Latest Linux News
Most Viewed News This Week