Like the later alpha releases, Phoronix Test Suite 3.0 Beta 1 carries additional work for readying the OpenBenchmarking.org integration, provides a number of fixes and addresses a few regressions from earlier Iveland 3.0 development snapshots, adds in external dependencies support and other work for the Amazon Linux AMI operating system for use on Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) service, and tweaks to the graphing component of the Phoronix Test Suite.
This first beta also carries a number of improvements to Phodevi, the Phoronix Device Interface to the Phoronix Test Suite for accessing system hardware and software information across all supported platforms (Linux, Solaris, BSD, Mac OS X, and Windows). With this latest snapshot, there is GPU reporting improvements when using Mesa Gallium3D drivers, more robust motherboard detecton, improved hardware detection under DragonflyBSD 2.8/2.9, detection of more niche file-systems, and taking advantage of greater GPU reporting capabilities when the most recent Nouveau kernel DRM is loaded. The Nouveau-specific Phodevi improvements include reading the GPU core and memory clock speeds from this open-source NVIDIA driver, GPU core thermal monitoring, and reading the video memory capacity from the driver.
Stop by Phoronix-Test-Suite.com to download this first beta. At least two more betas will be released before going gold. When trying out this beta, be sure to upload your results to OpenBenchmarking.org too! More information on OpenBenchmarking.org will be revealed in the coming weeks. For now, see our search results for Iveland and OpenBenchmarking.org.
Phoronix Test Suite 3.0 Beta 1
10 January 2011
- pts-core: Fixes for using the local test profile/suite repository
- pts-core: More minor performance optimizations along common OpenBenchmarking.org code paths
- pts-core: External dependencies support for Amazon Linux AMI on EC2 Cloud Service
- pts-core: Fix crashes when using build-suite and result-file-to-suite commands
- pts-core: Fix for list-installed-tests command not listing any installed tests
- pts_Graph: Underlying fixes for OpenBenchmarking.org
- pts_Graph: Properly align background dashed lines
- pts_Graph: Fix divide by zero error on rare cases of inserting zeros to maintain ordering index
- phodevi: Improve NVIDIA GPU model detection when missing glxinfo
- phodevi: Append Gallium3D version number to OpenGL string
- phodevi: Ensure more accurate GPU name reporting than codenames when using Gallum3D drivers
- phodevi: More robust motherboard detection on different sysfs nodes
- phodevi: BSD hardware detection improvements (tested on DragonflyBSD 2.9-DEVELOPMENT)
- phodevi: Detection support for other file-systems via their super blocks (OpenAFS, CIFS, SSHFS, etc)
- phodevi: Support for reading NVIDIA core/memory clock speeds from the Nouveau driver when using latest DRM with performance levels
- phodevi: Support for GPU core thermal monitoring when using the recent Nouveau DRM driver
- phodevi: Support for reading VRAM capacity with TTM drivers when the kernel sysfs debug interface is enabled