GTK+ 3.0.0 Tool-Kit Officially Released!
It's been a little more than a week since the final release of GTK2 was made available and at that time GTK+ 3.0 was nearing its official release. Today, after being in development for years, GTK+ 3.0 has been officially released.
Benefits of GTK+ 3.0 over GTK+ 2.x include:
- The usage of Cairo for drawing
- Better Mac OS X support
- More X11 agnostic (and supports Wayland)
- Drops DirectFB support
- Supports multiple GTK library back-ends
- Uses X Input 2
- More flexible geometry management
- There's a new CSS-based theme API
- Easy application support
- New widgets
You can read about GTK+ 3.0.0 in its release announcement and find it used throughout the GNOME 3.0 desktop, which will be released in early April.
Latest Linux News
Latest Articles & Reviews
Most Viewed News This Week