GTK+ 3.0.0 Tool-Kit Officially Released!
It's been a little more than a week since the final release of GTK2 was made available and at that time GTK+ 3.0 was nearing its official release. Today, after being in development for years, GTK+ 3.0 has been officially released.
Benefits of GTK+ 3.0 over GTK+ 2.x include:
- The usage of Cairo for drawing
- Better Mac OS X support
- More X11 agnostic (and supports Wayland)
- Drops DirectFB support
- Supports multiple GTK library back-ends
- Uses X Input 2
- More flexible geometry management
- There's a new CSS-based theme API
- Easy application support
- New widgets
You can read about GTK+ 3.0.0 in its release announcement and find it used throughout the GNOME 3.0 desktop, which will be released in early April.
Latest Linux Hardware Reviews
Latest Linux Articles
Latest Linux News
Latest Forum Discussions