The official change-log for Phoronix Test Suite 2.8 Alpha 2 itself isn't too interesting (see below), but most of the changes happening is internal work as pts-core is readied for the major Phoronix Test Suite 3.0 features to come that should arrive by year's end.
Of interest to end-users and those simply using it for benchmarking, Torsken Alpha 2 has a few bug-fixes, a command for restoring your test data if the main XML file is corrupted (the rebuild-composite-xml option), more hardware/software detection improvements, and support for benchmarking the newest version of VDrift.
The latest stable and development releases of the Phoronix Test Suite can be downloaded at Phoronix-Test-Suite.com. The final release of Phoronix Test Suite 2.8 "Torsken" is due out this quarter.
Phoronix Test Suite 2.8 Alpha 2
July 22, 2010
- pts-core: Fix recover-run command always reporting the system software has changed, regression from first alpha
- pts-core: More underlying PTS3 changes
- pts-core: Add SKIP_EXTERNAL_DEPENDENCIES_CHECK environmental variable for skipping the PTS external dependency checking on test install
- pts-core: Add rebuild-composite-xml option for rebuilding the composite.xml file in a result file
- pts-core: Fix parse-results.xml MultiMatch not working from a regression in 2.8a1
- pts-core: When installing test dependencies, don't confuse the root user if the user is connected to a Phoronix Global account
- pts-core: No longer rely on passing around $display_mode but utilize pts_client::$display for displaying user I/O
- phodevi: Nouveau detection improvements for when the X Server isn't running
- pts: Update vdrift and vdrift-fps-monitor test profiles against VDrift 2010-06-30