It's been nearly a month since the release of Phoronix Test Suite 2.8 Alpha 1
, so it's about time that 2.8 Alpha 2 is released. As such, this morning Phoronix Test Suite 2.8 Alpha 2 (codenamed Torsken
) was officially tagged and released. The code difference between these two development releases amounts to over 8,200 lines of changed code as it continues receiving preemptive work for Phoronix Test Suite 3.0.
The official change-log for Phoronix Test Suite 2.8 Alpha 2 itself isn't too interesting (see below), but most of the changes happening is internal work as pts-core is readied for the major Phoronix Test Suite 3.0 features to come that should arrive by year's end.
Of interest to end-users and those simply using it for benchmarking, Torsken Alpha 2 has a few bug-fixes, a command for restoring your test data if the main XML file is corrupted (the rebuild-composite-xml
option), more hardware/software detection improvements, and support for benchmarking the newest version of VDrift
The latest stable and development releases of the Phoronix Test Suite can be downloaded at Phoronix-Test-Suite.com
. The final release of Phoronix Test Suite 2.8 "Torsken" is due out this quarter.
Phoronix Test Suite 2.8 Alpha 2
July 22, 2010
- pts-core: Fix recover-run command always reporting the system software has changed, regression from first alpha
- pts-core: More underlying PTS3 changes
- pts-core: Add SKIP_EXTERNAL_DEPENDENCIES_CHECK environmental variable for skipping the PTS external dependency checking on test install
- pts-core: Add rebuild-composite-xml option for rebuilding the composite.xml file in a result file
- pts-core: Fix parse-results.xml MultiMatch not working from a regression in 2.8a1
- pts-core: When installing test dependencies, don't confuse the root user if the user is connected to a Phoronix Global account
- pts-core: No longer rely on passing around $display_mode but utilize pts_client::$display for displaying user I/O
- phodevi: Nouveau detection improvements for when the X Server isn't running
- pts: Update vdrift and vdrift-fps-monitor test profiles against VDrift 2010-06-30