Phoronix Test Suite 2.8 "Torsken" Enters Beta
In preparation for a stable release of Phoronix Test Suite 2.8 "Torsken" later this month or in early September, Phoronix Test Suite 2.8 Beta 1 has been released this afternoon. This newest development release continues to build upon the many internal changes introduced in the two prior alpha builds in preparation for some major features to be introduced with Phoronix Test Suite 3.0.
While most of the work going into Torsken is in preparation for the PTS3 overhaul, there are some end-user improvements within Phoronix Test Suite 2.8 Beta 1 like updated test profiles and then a new systester test profile as another multi-threaded CPU test contributed by Kenney Phillis. Also of use to those running software/hardware comparisons with multiple tests, within the PTS Results Viewer underneath the results table is now an "overview graph" that shows all of the results generalized to quickly look for any performance changes. Below is an example from an upcoming Phoronix test.
As part of the PTS3 efforts, this beta release also introduces a new test installation engine and external dependency handler, that's nearly rewritten from scratch.
The Phoronix Test Suite 2.8 Beta 1 release is available for download at Phoronix-Test-Suite.com. Your feedback and test results are certainly welcome as Phoronix Test Suite 2.8 is finalized.
Phoronix Test Suite 2.8 Beta 1
August 3, 2010
- pts-core: Report the standard error of test results within the result table
- pts-core: When the run count is dynamically increased (likely due to std dev being too high), report the std dev to the concise display mode
- pts-core: Reinstantiate the pts_client display when calling the run or install process so the debug display mode can be loaded if needed
- pts-core: Drop install-all-dependencies option as running "install-dependencies all" has been the recommended way
- pts-core: Rewritten PTS External Dependency implementation
- pts-core: Rewritten PTS test installation code
- pts-core: Drop PossiblePaths XML tag for test profiles as it is no longer used by any upstream test profiles
- pts-core: Add "overview graph" to the PTS Results Viewer
- pts-core: Add LineAfterHint to parse-results.xml interface for indicating a line after the test results line that's wanted
- pts-core: Add Message tag to test profile XML specification for pairing it with a
- pts: Update crafty test profile against Crafty 23.3
- pts: Update openssl test profile against OpenSSL 1.0.0a and add Windows support
- pts: Add systester test profile as a new CPU test
Latest Articles & Reviews
Latest Linux News
Most Viewed News This Week