Phoronix Test Suite 2.6 "Lyngen" Reaches Beta
This morning the 2.6 release of the Phoronix Test Suite that's codenamed Lyngen has reached its first beta milestone. With that there are now about a dozen test profiles compatible with the Phoronix Test Suite on Windows 7 x64 operating systems plus many other improvements to other areas of our automated testing framework and open-source benchmarking software.
Exciting us with Phoronix Test Suite 2.6 Beta 1 is the dozen or so test profiles that now work with Microsoft Windows 7 x64 (starting out with OpenGL benchmarks) plus other improvements in the Windows support. This now makes it possible to carry out a wider range of benchmarks across Linux, OpenSolaris, Mac OS X, *BSD, and Windows systems. In fact, as mentioned this morning, the first of our Windows 7 vs. Ubuntu 10.04 vs. Mac OS X 10.6.3 benchmarks are tentatively set to be published next week Tuesday. The Windows support is not yet feature complete, but it will continue to be enriched in forthcoming releases.
Beyond the Windows love found in Lyngen Beta 1, there are miscellaneous improvements to pts-core, a brand new PTS test results viewer interface, PhoroScript improvements, new command options, and improved documentation. There's also updated test profiles (for Crafty and Smokin' Guns) along with new test suites.
The official release of Phoronix Test Suite 2.6 "Lyngen" is expected next month you can try out the latest beta snapshot right now from our downloads area.
Phoronix Test Suite 2.6 Beta 1
April 26, 2010
- pts-core: Add ResultBeforeString tag to parse-results.xml interface
- pts-core: When a filesize is not supplied by downloads.xml, try to calculate it using filesize() if applicable
- pts-core: Don't bold the pts_Chart results "winners" when there is only one test run
- pts-core: New PTS Results Viewer interface
- pts-core: Add generated section to PTS result file XML
- pts-core: Many PhoroScript interpreter improvements
- pts-core: Add run-tests-in-suite option for running tests in a suite, but using user-defined settings
- pts-core: Remove install-all and force-install-all options as they have been deprecated since PTS 1.6, use the "all" virtual suite instead
- pts-core: Fix when running the same test identifier for a result file multiple times and its test log dir has rename problem
- pts-core: Add GRAPH_HIGHLIGHT environmental variable for highlighting specific test results when rendering a graph (initially for bar graphs)
- pts-core: Add total_testing_time to the core storage that keeps track of how much time the given system spends benchmarking forever
- phodevi: Improve system thermal monitoring sysfs nodes on Linux
- phodevi: Improve Clang/LLVM compiler detection
- phodevi: Add DEFAULT_VIDEO_MODE environmental variable
- pts: Add compiler suite
- pts: Update crafty test profile against Crafty 23.2
- pts: Update smokin-guns test profile against Smokin' Guns 1.1 Beta 4
- pts: Start porting over numerous test profiles to offer Windows 7 x64 compatibility
Latest Linux News
Latest Articles & Reviews
Most Viewed News This Week