Phoronix Test Suite 2.6 "Lyngen" Alpha 3
It's been three weeks since Phoronix Test Suite 2.6 Alpha 2 was released (compared the usual two weeks, due to the tour of Chernobyl), but the third alpha release for this next release codenamed "Lyngen" is now available.
Phoronix Test Suite 2.6 Alpha 3 is carrying mostly internal changes and improvements to pts-core, but there are some externally visible changes too. The start of the suite-to-pdf option has been introduced, various bug-fixes, text-based interface enhancements, tweaks to the generated graphs, and compatibility with older versions of PHP 5.1/5.2.
The third alpha also introduces a test profile against OpenSSL 1.0.0 and the working Unigine Heaven 2.0 test profile. Unigine Heaven is amazing to see and can certainly stress your system with its stunning graphics -- it's without a doubt the most demanding Linux graphics benchmark at this point.
What's not found in 2.6 Alpha 3 is the new module to automatically generate a performance-optimized kernel configuration or the big Windows push, but both are still on track for Lyngen. The official release of Phoronix Test Suite 2.6.0 is expected in May.
Download the Phoronix Test Suite over at Phoronix-Test-Suite.com. You can also try out Phoromatic, which can do things like benchmark the Linux kernel every day.
Phoronix Test Suite 2.6 Alpha 3
April 12, 2010
- pts-core: If the NO_MD5_CHECKS environmental variable is set, don't perform MD5 file checks on test installation
- pts-core: Don't install the linux-32bit-libraries external dependency by default on 64-bit Linux systems
- pts-core: Fix length of download text progress indicator
- pts-core: Fix regression that caused the merge-results option not to work
- pts-core: Graphing tweaks
- pts-core: Add suite-to-pdf option
- pts-core: Restore compatibility for the Phoronix Test Suite on PHP 5.1 and early PHP 5.2 versions
- pts-core: Installation error string improvements
- pts-core: Run-time string improvements
- pts-core: Rework environmental variables handling
- pts-core: Various fixes
- phodevi: Fix causing a segmentation fault on some Mesa systems
- pts: Update unigine-heaven test profile against Unigine Heaven 2.0
- pts: Update openssl test profile against OpenSSL 1.0.0 upstream
Latest Linux News
Latest Articles & Reviews
Most Viewed News This Week