The NVIDIA 190.53 pre-release contains VDPAU fixes that were back-ported from the 195.xx series and there is also some of the same DisplayPort fixes. Below is the official change-log from NVIDIA for 190.53.
- Modified the installation location and names of internal VDPAU libraries to conform to conventions and Debian packaging guidelines. New versions of libvdpau expect this layout. Compatibility with old versions of libvdpau is maintained with symlinks.
- Fixed a bug that could cause errors in graphical applications run after a previous application using VDPAU and OpenGL. This behaviour was observed when running Gwenole Beauchesne's hwdecode-demos application.
- Modified vdpau.h to increment VDPAU_VERSION, to reflect the fact that new features have been added in the past. Also, add the new define VDPAU_INTERFACE_VERSION.
- Fixed a periodic temporary hang in the VDPAU blit-based presentation queue.
- Fixed a problem that caused resolution limitations or corruption on certain DisplayPort devices such as the Apple 24" Cinema display or some DisplayPort to VGA adapters.
- Disabled the UseEvents option for GeForce 8 series and higher GPUs due to a problem that causes occasional short hangs. It will be re-enabled when that bug has been tracked down and fixed.
- VDPAU now allows multiple streams to be decoded at once, without the need to set any environment variables.
As always, it is available for Linux x86 and Linux x86_64.