Phoronix Test Suite 2.4 "Lenvik" Enters Beta
As the inaugural Phoronix Test Suite release for 2010, we have just released the first beta of the upcoming Phoronix Test Suite 2.4 "Lenvik" milestone. Phoronix Test Suite 2.4 is set to deliver initial Windows support, support for Palm webOS and other mobile devices, new test profiles, image quality comparison support, and many other new features that are detailed in this article.
Phoronix Test Suite 2.4 Beta 1 specifically delivers on GTK2 GUI improvements, test installation enhancements, initial support for Debian's GNU/kFreeBSD (read: we have benchmarks coming soon at Phoronix.com comparing the conventional Debian GNU/Linux to Debian GNU/kFreeBSD using Squeeze packages), Phodevi improvements for Microsoft Windows, and Phodevi hardware/software detection improvements for Ubuntu 10.04 and other newer Linux distributions. There's also a lot more of other internal work that can be found within this release.
Another beta release is expected in late January or early February. This release should carry the much-anticipated Unigine Heaven OpenGL 3.x test, a new and more advanced OpenCL test courtesy of AMD, and a next-generation X-Plane 9 benchmark courtesy of Laminar Research. A lot more Windows code has also yet to be pushed into pts-core.
The final release of Phoronix Test Suite 2.4 "Lenvik" is expected in February. The latest stable and development versions of our flagship, open-source benchmarking software can be downloaded as always at Phoronix-Test-Suite.com.
Below is the short change-log. Test away!
Phoronix Test Suite 2.4 Beta 1
January 14, 2010
- pts-core: When using the GTK2 GUI, support handling license type for suites
- pts-core: Improve reporting of empty lists and other areas
- pts-core: Support reading from a remote PTS download cache via proxy
- pts-core: When copying a MD5-matched file from a local PTS download cache, still verify that the MD5 of the copied file matches
- pts-core: Cleanup test installation code
- pts-core: Initial support for Debian's GNU/kFreeBSD
- phodevi: Windows improvements
- phodevi: Improve NVIDIA binary driver detection without glxinfo
- phodevi: Improve Mesa/DRI driver detection without glxinfo
- phodevi: Rework the screen resolution detection code for Linux/BSD/OpenSolaris code paths
- phodevi: Support reading the CPU fan speed for more systems
- pts: Result reporting fix for specviewperf10 test profile
Latest Articles & Reviews
Latest Linux News
Most Viewed News This Week