Generally with each major Phoronix Test Suite release there are three alpha and three beta releases prior to going gold, but for Phoronix Test Suite 2.2 "Bardu" this has been extended to four alpha releases. Phoronix Test Suite 2.2 Alpha 4 carries a fair amount of changes -- in fact, nearly every test profile has received an update to take advantage of new pts-core features. This new development release also carries a few optimizations, regression fixes, Phodevi improvements, and faster XML parsing.
This is also the release that carries OpenCL benchmarking
support on Linux via the addition of the opencl-ati and pyopencl test profiles. Additionally, the Nexuiz test profile has been updated along with others, including the parsing change that has caused updates to nearly every test profile.
Those interested in trying out Phoronix Test Suite 2.2 Alpha 4 can download it at Phoronix-Test-Suite.com
. The first beta release of Phoronix Test Suite 2.2 "Bardu" should come later this month.
Phoronix Test Suite 2.2 Alpha 4
October 12, 2009
- pts-core: Fix regression that caused running/installing suites to fail from Alpha 3
- pts-core: Add support for stopping/skipping the current test by touching ~/.phoronix-test-suite/skip-test during the process
- pts-core: Remember radio and check button selects in menu on GTK2 GUI for the duration of the program
- pts-core: Optimize a few common code paths
- pts-core: Improve detection of Catalyst driver with newer releases
- pts-core: Don't go awry when computing standard deviation on an array that may also contain errors from a test run due to parsing failure
- pts-core: Fix fatal error message with GtkWindow missing
- pts-core: Fend off possible warnings on pts_test_option
- pts-core: Rename pts_batch_display_mode to pts_concise_display_mode
- pts-core: Fix in subtitle reporting on graphs for tests with no options under certain conditions where it reported ":"
- pts-core: When using rename-identifier-in-result-file option, rename the benchmark-logs and system-logs folders too for that identifier
- pts-core: When using remove-from-result-file, remove the benchmark-logs and system-logs folders for that identifier if present
- pts-core: Move system parsing functions out of pts-core and into phodevi_parser object in Phodevi
- pts-core: Support exporting some functions from pts-core to the parse-results process during test runs
- phodevi: Don't try using aticonfig when reading the AMDPCSDB on an unsupported graphics adapter, use the internal parser instead
- phodevi: Support reading OpenGL vendor string
- tandem_Xml: Optimize the XML string parser
- pts: Updates to hpcc test profile
- pts: Add initial opencl-ati test profile
- pts: Add python-boost-development, boost-thread-development, and python-numpy external dependencies
- pts: Add initial pyopencl test profile
- pts: Update Nexuiz test profile against Nexuiz 2.5.2
- pts: Update netbook test suite
- pts: Change over relevant test profiles to using pts_report_numeric_result() rather than print statements