Last Call For Bardu, It's Arriving Next Week
Last week we finally went into a public beta for Phoromatic, our server software that allows individuals and organizations to quickly and easily build their own benchmarking test farm(s), and also shared that Phoronix Test Suite 2.2 "Bardu" was on track for being released this month. Today it is now officially confirmed that Phoronix Test Suite 2.2 will be released next Tuesday, the 17th of November.
There are a lot of new features to Phoronix Test Suite 2.2 that we have been talking about since August with most of the changes having been covered in detail in this Phoronix article.
With 2.2 final coming out next week, a third beta release has just been made today. This should also serve as the final development build before going gold. Phoronix Test Suite 2.2 Beta 3 carries support for reporting the kernel's disk scheduler during disk benchmarking test profiles, an analyze-result-file option, support for showing virtual suite information from the info option, support for monitoring the graphics card's fan speed(s) during the testing process (currently only supported with NVIDIA's proprietary driver), new reference comparison systems added, and various bug-fixes.
Please head on over to Phoronix-Test-Suite.com to give Bardu Beta 3 a try (and Phoromatic if it interests you or your company).
Phoronix Test Suite 2.2 Beta 3
November 9, 2009
- pts-core: Fix API breakage for installing dependencies from install-dependencies option call
- pts-core: Report the disk scheduler to the test notes area when a disk test is run
- pts-core: Add SelectSuitesOrTests tag to user-config.xml for selecting between tests / suites showing by default in GUI
- pts-core: Add initial analyze-result-file command for showing basic analytical / stats for a given result file
- pts-core: Support showing information from info command when supplying a virtual suite
- pts-core: Don't contain tests that are of license RETAIL or RESTRICTED in the "all" virtual suite
- pts-core: Fix where recover-run would not recognize the result file if there was not at least one successful one previously
- pts-core: When using recover-run, put back in batch mode state if the test was originally run in batch mode
- pts-core: Validate test installations earlier in the test run process
- pts-core: When clicking "View Results" from GTK2 GUI, generate graphs if needed
- pts-core: Fix regression that broke reference comparisons and removing identifiers from result files
- phodevi: Add support for GPU fan speed monitoring (currently only implemented for NVIDIA's binary display driver)
- phodevi: Add property to disk object for reading the scheduler in use
- phodevi: DMI parsing support on Linux through /sys/class/dmi/id/ interface, for now implement motherboard way
- phodevi: Detect and support reading the X.Org DDX driver module version for Cirrus and other obscure drivers/hardware
- pts: Update for Fedora external dependencies XML
- pts: Start adding new reference comparison systems with runs against Phoronix Test Suite 2.2
Latest Linux News
Latest Articles & Reviews
Most Viewed News This Week