For end-users, there is now a result-file-to-suite option that will convert a saved results file with multiple tests into its own suite file, to make it easy to reproduce a set of tests in the future without saving those actual results. Beta 1 has also picked up external dependencies support for OpenSuSE 11.1. This release also features improved thermal monitoring support for those notebooks and netbooks exposing their CPU temperature over ACPI through the TZ00 zone. Aside from that, however, the rest of the changes in Tydal Beta 1 are all internal to pts-core.
There will still be another two beta releases before Phoronix Test Suite 1.6.0 is officially released, but it's still on track for release in the first quarter of 2009.
To download the latest version of the Phoronix Test Suite, visit this page.
Phoronix Test Suite 1.6.0 Beta 1
December 18, 2008
- pts-core: Add result-file-to-suite option that will convert the relevant parts of a saved results file into a suite
- pts-core: Verify Attributes tag matches (instead of just the Arguments tag) when merging results
- pts-core: Don't sort current test identifiers when being prompted to enter a new identifier
- pts-core: Add Mode tag to suite XML specification for allowing individual tests within a suite to be run in the batch or defaults mode
- pts-core: Embed pts_location_test() into constructor of pts_test_tandem_XmlReader()
- pts-core: Add pts_suite_tandem_XmlReader() object for providing pts_location_suite() in the constructor
- pts-core: Add pts_results_tandem_XmlReader() object for providing file handling in the constructor
- pts-core: Ensure no spaces in pts_vendor_identifier()
- pts-core: Add support for abstracting the package vendor identifier (should fix OpenSuSE External Dependencies support on 11.1)
- pts-core: When using pts_display_web_browser, point to the index.html redirect instead of directly to composite.xml
- pts-core: Add pts-functions_vars.php, pts-functions_assignments.php
- pts-core: Check all supplied arguments for a PCQS test when determining if PCQS needs to be installed
- pts-core: Store aliases for distributions used in package identification in pts-core/static/software-vendor-aliases.txt
- pts-core: Rework option counting in pts_auto_process_test_option()
- pts-core: Add support for specifying multiple possible points in read_acpi() to provide some fallback support
- pts-core: Allow reading from TZ00 thermal zone over ACPI for CPU temperature
- pts-core: Add auto-file-select and auto-directory-selection options to PTS auto options support
- pts: Add more tests to netbook suite
- pts: Update download links in mrbayes and md-gromacs