Phoronix Test Suite 1.2.0 Beta 3
It's been only five days since the Phoronix Test Suite 1.2.0 Beta 2 release, but Beta 3 is now ready and has about 50 changes to this release. With a bit of luck, this will also be the last test release before Phoronix Test Suite 1.2 "Malvik" is officially released next week. Below are some of the highlights to this third beta release.
- A list-all-tests option has been added that will list the tests similar to list-tests, except it will also include test profiles that are marked experimental, broken, private, or unverified.
- Installed hardware and software detection improvements. The Xandros-based Eee PC OS should be properly detected, HAL parsing fixes, a few tweaks for the OpenSolaris support, and improved motherboard detection.
- A few module architecture improvements... A module is now able to unload itself if it conflicts with the specific system configuration or if something goes awry.
- Add a NO_RESULT test return type.
- A RemoveDownloadFiles option has been added to the user configuration file (user-config.xml). If RemoveDownloadFiles is set to TRUE, once a test has been installed it will remove the originally downloaded files. This is great for conserving disk space but then will need to re-download these files when the test needs to be updated or reinstalled.
- A j2dbench test profile has been added for a Java OpenGL 2D Microbenchmark. In the previous beta Sun Microsystems had contributed the jgfxbat (Java Graphics Basic Acceptance Test) and in this beta they have contributed their second test profile. Thanks Sun!
- A java-opengl test suite has been added that encompasses these latest Java OpenGL tests.
- A netbook test suite has been added for some tests to run on UMPCs/netbook computers.
- A ray-tracing test suite has been added for tests that rely upon ray-tracing technologies.
- Numerous test profiles have minor tweaks and other improvements.
- A fhourstones test profile has been added which is an advanced benchmark for Connect 4 game solving.
- Two new PTS External Dependencies have been added: jam and vorbis-devel.
- The system_monitor module has a variety of fixes and new additions. This module is now capable of monitoring the physical memory usage as well as the SWAP.
- General code cleaning.
Between now and the final release will hopefully be just bug fixes and likely a new test profile or two (Unigine Corp is working on another tech demo). We'd encourage everyone to test out Phoronix Test Suite 1.2.0 Beta 3 and report their results. For testing we're interested in ensuring that all of the tests are working properly as intended and there aren't any errors or warnings that crop up. Additionally, when running "phoronix-test-suite system-info" if you have any incorrectly identified hardware or components detected as "Unknown", please let us know.
Debian Package Download
Latest Linux News
Latest Articles & Reviews
Most Viewed News This Week