RadeonSI Gallium3D Gets Wired Up For More OpenGL 4.0 Extensions
Another set of AMD RadeonSI Gallium3D driver improvements were committed on Wednesday for Mesa.
Marek Olšák spearheaded -- along with some contributions by David Airlie and others -- another batch of RadeonSI and Gallium3D improvements yesterday with some of the new enablements including:
- ARB_texture_gather and GLSL 4.00 Gather functions. All the related Piglit tests now pass and this is a step ahead for RadeonSI compared to R600g.
- ARB_texture_query_levels is now supported by all Gallium3D drivers that advertise GLSL 1.30 support.
- Passing ARB_conservative_depth parameters to the hardware.
- Implementing ARB_texture_query_lod, another OpenGL 4.0 extension not currently supported by R600g.
- Other common improvements to Gallium3D and the Mesa state tracker.
The current state of the Mesa/Gallium3D driver support for the OpenGL 4.0 specification (and other GL revisions) can be found via the Mesa GL3+ documentation in Git.
Latest Articles & Reviews
Latest Linux News
Most Viewed News This Week