The Plethora Of Linux Hardware Tests Coming: Linux 3.16 Is Great, Reviews, Etc
Here's a look at the rest of the articles coming up on Phoronix this month with pursuing the mission of enriching the Linux hardware experience and being the leading source for Linux benchmarks and hardware/enthusiast-oriented information.
The articles coming up this month that have already been tested and written include:
- A look later today at the LunarG Intel ILO Gallium3D driver performance against the "classic" Intel Mesa DRI driver, since it's been a while since doing such a comparison.
- A large comparison of Nouveau vs. NVIDIA 2D benchmarks.
- A large comparison of Radeon vs. Catalyst 2D benchmarks on Ubuntu Linux.
- Benchmarks of the Nouveau driver from the Linux 3.16 DRM code that boasts experimental re-clocking support.
- An OpenGL 4 micro-benchmark (APITest) comparison of NVIDIA and AMD hardware on the proprietary drivers... As the latest following the 35-way NVIDIA/AMD Linux graphics card comparison I published this week.
- Debian Jessie Testing between the FreeBSD 10.0 (GNU/kFreeBSD) and Linux 3.14 (GNU/Linux) kernels.
- A review of the Crucial MX100 solid-state drive under Linux.
- A Linux review of the ASRock Z97 Extreme6 motherboard.
- Updated 4K / Ultra HD Linux graphics benchmarks under Ubuntu from AMD and NVIDIA hardware.
- Debian 8.0 "Jessie" benchmarks in the current "testing" stage against Ubuntu Linux.
- Fresh benchmarks of NVIDIA's threaded OpenGL optimizations with various recent Linux games.
- Performance benchmarks of the Radeon Linux 3.16 DRM stack given the recent PTE and GPU VM optimization work -- there's performance improvements!
- Linux gaming benchmarks using the latest KDE Frameworks 5 + Plasma-Next stack compared to KDE SC 4.13.0 and Unity 7.1.2.
- NVIDIA VDPAU performance benchmarks measuring a variety of factors on different graphics cards.
- AMD Radeon Gallium3D benchmarks with the VDPAU state tracker measuring the CPU usage, temperatures, power usage, etc.
- Intel Haswell HD Graphics benchmarks using the Linux 3.16 kernel DRM.
- SilverStone Precision PS10 review as a nice, affordable ATX chassis.
All those articles have already had their benchmarks completed, articles written, and in the publishing queue for the days ahead... It's a bit of a build-up but next week will be back over in Russia and the following week I am relocating the home/office from Chicago to Indiana, so will be rather busy for a few days. However, even with those happenings, you can always expect the daily flow of fresh Linux/open-source news and other information to continue... Just needing to get lots of the hardware testing done in advance for the packing/moving process.
There will also be a few other articles though like some more Core i7 4790K Devil's Canyon Linux tests and some other HDD/SSD benchmarks of Linux 3.16 file-system changes, etc.
If you appreciate the extreme amounts of original Linux/open-source content produced at Phoronix for enthusiasts, gamers, and other topics that aren't readily covered elsewhere, please consider subscribing to Phoronix Premium as this site is largely maintained single-handedly. Phoronix Premium goes to support the site while allowing you to view these many multi-page articles on a single page and to be doing so ad-free. Please at least disable AdBlock when viewing the site or consider a PayPal tip. You can also follow Phoronix on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. Another way to help out is by using our Amazon.com affiliate link (also located on the right hand side of the home page) when doing your online shopping. Thanks!
Latest Linux Hardware Reviews
Latest Linux Articles
Latest Linux News
Latest Forum Discussions