The articles coming up this month that have already been tested and written include:
- A look later today at the LunarG Intel ILO Gallium3D driver performance against the "classic" Intel Mesa DRI driver, since it's been a while since doing such a comparison.
- A large comparison of Nouveau vs. NVIDIA 2D benchmarks.
- A large comparison of Radeon vs. Catalyst 2D benchmarks on Ubuntu Linux.
- Benchmarks of the Nouveau driver from the Linux 3.16 DRM code that boasts experimental re-clocking support.
- An OpenGL 4 micro-benchmark (APITest) comparison of NVIDIA and AMD hardware on the proprietary drivers... As the latest following the 35-way NVIDIA/AMD Linux graphics card comparison I published this week.
- Debian Jessie Testing between the FreeBSD 10.0 (GNU/kFreeBSD) and Linux 3.14 (GNU/Linux) kernels.
- A review of the Crucial MX100 solid-state drive under Linux.
- A Linux review of the ASRock Z97 Extreme6 motherboard.
- Updated 4K / Ultra HD Linux graphics benchmarks under Ubuntu from AMD and NVIDIA hardware.
- Debian 8.0 "Jessie" benchmarks in the current "testing" stage against Ubuntu Linux.
- Fresh benchmarks of NVIDIA's threaded OpenGL optimizations with various recent Linux games.
- Performance benchmarks of the Radeon Linux 3.16 DRM stack given the recent PTE and GPU VM optimization work -- there's performance improvements!
- Linux gaming benchmarks using the latest KDE Frameworks 5 + Plasma-Next stack compared to KDE SC 4.13.0 and Unity 7.1.2.
- NVIDIA VDPAU performance benchmarks measuring a variety of factors on different graphics cards.
- AMD Radeon Gallium3D benchmarks with the VDPAU state tracker measuring the CPU usage, temperatures, power usage, etc.
- Intel Haswell HD Graphics benchmarks using the Linux 3.16 kernel DRM.
- SilverStone Precision PS10 review as a nice, affordable ATX chassis.
All those articles have already had their benchmarks completed, articles written, and in the publishing queue for the days ahead... It's a bit of a build-up but next week will be back over in Russia and the following week I am relocating the home/office from Chicago to Indiana, so will be rather busy for a few days. However, even with those happenings, you can always expect the daily flow of fresh Linux/open-source news and other information to continue... Just needing to get lots of the hardware testing done in advance for the packing/moving process.
There will also be a few other articles though like some more Core i7 4790K Devil's Canyon Linux tests and some other HDD/SSD benchmarks of Linux 3.16 file-system changes, etc.
If you appreciate the extreme amounts of original Linux/open-source content produced at Phoronix for enthusiasts, gamers, and other topics that aren't readily covered elsewhere, please consider subscribing to Phoronix Premium as this site is largely maintained single-handedly. Phoronix Premium goes to support the site while allowing you to view these many multi-page articles on a single page and to be doing so ad-free. Please at least disable AdBlock when viewing the site or consider a PayPal tip. You can also follow Phoronix on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. Another way to help out is by using our Amazon.com affiliate link (also located on the right hand side of the home page) when doing your online shopping. Thanks!