Unreal Engine 4.2 Brings 500+ Updates
The latest major update to Epic Games' Unreal Engine 4 was released this week and the Linux support has taken another step forward.
New features of the Unreal Engine 4.2 update include:
- A new sample vehicle game that includes an off-road vehicle on a looping track within the desert.
- A new camera animation system (CameraAnims) similar to what was in Unreal Engine 3 but better.
- New user-defined structures for blueprints.
- A blueprint function library.
- FABRIC: the intrudction of the Forward And Backward Reaching Inverse Kinematic.
- New canvas render targets.
- A new vehicle template.
- An animation blueprint asset override editor.
- New animation debug features.
- OBJ mesh file format support.
- For Linux developers, the developer tools have been updated so they can now be compiled for Linux either via cross-compiling or natively.
More details on this week's unveiling of Unreal Engine 4.2 can be found via the UnrealEngine.com blog.
Here's a broadcast about the vehicle support within Unreal Engine 4.2 by Epic Games:
In case you missed it from last week is also first-play footage of the new Unreal Tournament.
Latest Articles & Reviews
Latest Linux News
Most Viewed News This Week