Many ACPI & Power Management Changes Head Into Linux 3.16
Rafael Wysocki has sent in his ACPI and power management pull that will target the next Linux kernel release cycle.
Changes queued up for the ACPI/PM pull with the Linux 3.16 kernel include:
- A bulk are ACPICA updates.
- Various internal changes that are important but not end-user facing.
- ACPI video support now defaults to using the native backlight rather than the ACPI backlight interface. This backlight change is designed to help systems with broken Windows 8/8.1 BIOSes.
- The system suspend core now allows for runtime-suspended devices to stay suspended through system suspend/restume states as long as certain system conditions are met.
- Updates to the ACPI Low-Power Subsystem (LPSS) driver.
- The big.LITTLE CPUfreq driver now supports 64-bit ARM.
There's also many other individual driver updates covering the ACPI and power management subsystems, which are covered via the mailing list pull request.
Latest Linux Hardware Reviews
Latest Linux Articles
Latest Linux News
Latest Forum Discussions