The Staging Area Has Lots Of Changes In Linux 3.16
Greg Kroah-Hartman has sent out his various pull requests for the Linux 3.16 kernel. Of the subsystems maintained by Greg KH, the staging area again represents a bulk of the user-interesting changes.
Among the highlights for the kernel's staging area with Linux 3.16 are:
- 64-bit support for Android's Goldfish.
- Lots of work continues to go into the Comedi driver.
- Jes Sorensen has made over 500 changes to the rtl8723au for improving the Realtek WiFi support for many Linux laptop users. The rtl8723au driver was added in Linux 3.15 and supports many popular Lenovo laptops, among other hardware.
- Continued work on the Lustre client code.
- Many changes to the vt6656 driver for the VIA Solomon VT6566 802.11 a/b/g WiFi adapter.
- A new rtl8192ee driver for the Realtek RTL8192EE Wireless PCI-E controller.
- Many other changes to the numerous staging drivers.
Besides the staging pull request, Greg also sent in his USB driver patches, driver core/sysfs patches, TTY/serial, and other patches. However, for end-users these other pulls are less exciting.
Latest Linux News
Latest Articles & Reviews
Most Viewed News This Week