Many Interesting Tests Are Coming For The Phoronix 10th Birthday
To end out May on a high note and in getting June kick-started, when Phoronix turns ten years old on 5 June, there is a lot of interesting upcoming content and Linux/open-source performance benchmarks.
Among the content you have to look forward to still this month includes:
- A new NVIDIA vs. AMD 2D performance comparison to complement today's high-end graphics card comparison that focused upon the OpenGL results.
- The full Linux review of the Gigabyte Z97-HD3 motherboard with the new Intel Z97 Express chipset.
- Benchmarking Intel's OpenMP support for LLVM/Clang against GCC with OpenMP support possibly landing in LLVM 3.5.
- Updated OpenCL Linux benchmarks with a range of graphics cards.
Other articles meanwhile being worked on for the days / next week or two include:
- Benchmarking the Linux kernel built under Clang using the LLVMLinux project and comparing the resulting kernel performance against a traditionally built Linux 3.14 kernel under GCC.
- For the Phoronix ten-year birthday is going to be a 50+ graphics processor comparison featuring Intel, AMD Radeon, and NVIDIA GeForce hardware using the latest open-source graphics drivers...
- Intel Bay Trail Windows 8.1 vs. Ubuntu 14.04 Linux OpenGL benchmark results from the Intel Celeron N2820 Bay Trail NUC... A few days back I did Windows vs. Linux comparison update with Intel Haswell graphics.
- Other new Intel Bay Trail NUC benchmark results.
- Continued benchmarks of the NVIDIA Jetson TK1 ARM board with Tegra K1 SoC.
- A review of an upcoming ASRock Z97 motherboard.
- Intel Haswell Refresh benchmarks.
- I was working on some PC-BSD/FreeBSD 10 benchmarks against Linux, but when working on those tests earlier today, PC-BSD 10.0 somehow trashed the system and doesn't want to do anything but boot into a UEFI shell after crashing during the testing process...
- New 2D and video benchmarks of various Linux graphics solutions.
- More Linux 3.15 kernel benchmarks.
What else would you like to see? Let me know via commenting in the forums or contacting me via Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. If you appreciate all of this Linux hardware testing, news writing, etc, that I am doing 365 days per year and generally 16+ hours per day for the past decade, please consider supporting the site by disabling AdBlock, subscribing to Phoronix Premium for ad-free viewing and seeing multi-page articles on a single page, and/or a PayPal tip. Thanks!
Latest Linux News
Latest Articles & Reviews
Most Viewed News This Week