Calligra 2.8 features:
- Support for comments in the text for the Words and Author applications.
- The Sheets spreadsheet application has better support for pivot tables.
- The Kexi visual database creator has many fixes.
- Flow has new support for SVG-based stencils.
- There's the many Krita 2.8 changes already covered on Phoronix earlier today.
- Krita Sketch and Krita Gemini are also included with Calligra 2.8 for supporting tablet form factors.
More details on Calligra 2.8 can be found via the release announcement at Calligra.org. This release succeeds Calligra 2.7 that was released last August and the 2.8 release overall should be in good shape as it's been in beta since December.