Among the results from Gabe's latest Reddit AMA yielded about Linux:
- Gabe expects all of Valve's games will run on Linux/SteamOS.
- There's been little issues in getting game developers to pay attention to Linux. "There is a lot of popular sentiment in the developer community about Linux and gaming."
- Gabe uses Debian GNU/Linux as his distribution on a daily basis.
- In response to "Do you think that in the long run Linux will not only be the future of gaming, but also the future of desktop?", Gabe thinks, "Probably."
- There's no plans for SteamOS-exclusive titles.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is being worked on for Linux but there's no ETA for release yet.
For those with other Valve Linux matters, I'll be out at GDC later this month with AMD and hopefully will run into Valve again for those with interesting questions.